Tucson Community School is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. The auction is TCS’ largest fundraiser in which the public, alumni and current families come together to bid on tremendous prizes to raise funds. The auction is on December 3, 2016. Each family procures the donation of at least two, unused items or services to the auction AND every family is given an auction job. Auction jobs vary from soliciting businesses, entering information into a computer and selling tickets, to set up, displaying items, and bartending. Each family lists their preference of an auction job on their Registration Form when enrolling their children.
What kinds of items are donated?
Our auction attendees are alumni and current families. The types of items donated for our attendees have varied greatly over the years. Some examples of items donated are tickets to the opera, handmade baby dresses, handmade silk scarves, succulent gardens, decorative pots, home furnishings, parent helper classroom days, babysitting services, fire pit filled with assorted barbeque foods & drinks, holiday wreath, family passes to Tucson Botanical Gardens and the Desert Museum, gift certificate(s) for cabin stays, swimming lessons, massages, restaurants, children’s gyms.
When are the items due?
Each family must turn in at least two, unused items or service. An Auction Donation Form must be submitted with each item or service donated.
What businesses have donated in the past?
TCS is very fortunate to have support from many local businesses. Each year, TCS mails solicitation letters to the many businesses that have donated in the past. Please review this list. If you are a frequent customer at any of these businesses or have a personal contact there, please follow up on behalf of TCS to inquire about this year’s donation.
Reasons to Attend Our Auction
- It is the school’s largest fundraiser and will contribute the most money to this year’s fundraising goal!
- Spend time with family and friends under the stars!
- Delicious food and drinks!
- Holiday Shopping!
- Bargain Deals!
- Tremendous raffle prizes!
- Witness what our community can accomplish together!
Ways to Attend the Auction
- Date night with your significant other!
- Share-A-Babysitter! Know a good babysitter? Share and go to the auctiontogether.
- Girls-Night-Out! (Dad is on kid watch!)
- Classroom Couples! Make it a fun night and car pool with other parents from your classroom!
- Grandparents’ Night! Invite your child’s grandparents and show off our school!